Volodymyr Vasyliovych Mozgovyi – Head of the Department, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Full Professor, Excellence in Education of Ukraine badge holder, Merited Road Builder of Ukraine, Academician of the Transport Academy of Ukraine, awarded the Certificate of Merit by Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
The Department was established as one of the most profiled during the organization of the Institute in 1944 under the name “Department of Road Construction Materials and Chemistry”. Professor K.S. Terenetskyi headed the Department. Since 1952 it was reorganized and named as “Department of Road Construction and Maintenance”. Professor G.K. Siunyi headed the Department since 1969. In 1976 this branch was divided into the Department of Road Construction and Maintenance (Professor V.M. Sidenko) and the Department of Road Construction Materials (Professor G.K. Sinuyi). In 1987 the Department of Road Construction Materials was unified with the Department of Chemistry. Professor N.G. Parkhomenko headed the united department. Doctor of Technical Sciences, Full Professor V.V. Mozgovyi has been heading Department of Road Construction Materials and Chemistry since 1997 to the present day.
The Department consists of two units: the Section of Road Construction Materials (Section Leader – V.V. Mozgovyi, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Full Professor) and the Section of Chemistry (Section Leader – N.G. Parkhomenko, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Full Professor).
The Department Staff:
Section of Road Construction Materials:
Volodymyr Vasyliovych Mozgovyi – Head of the Department, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Full Professor.
Artur Mykolayovych Onyshchenko – Full Professor, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Academician of the Transport Academy of Ukraine, Academician of the Building Academy of Ukraine, awarded by the President of Ukraine Young Scholar Prize for course of scientific works (2011), “Big Silver Medal” Competition Winner for the best published work in a road construction science of the Building Academy of Ukraine (2015).
Pavlo Petrovych Borkovskyi – Senior Lecturer
Oleksandr Mykhailovych Kutsman – Senior Lecturer
Iryna Oleksandrivna Oproschenko – Assistant Lecturer
Mykola Vasyliovych Harkusha – Assistant Lecturer
Serhiy Anatoliyovych Baran – Assistant Lecturer
Natalia Petrivna Chyzhenko – Assistant Lecturer
Section of Chemistry:
Nelli Heorhiivna Parkhomenko – Full Professor of the Department, Candidate of Chemical Sciences
Oleh Nykyphorovych Mustiatsa – Full Professor of the Department, Candidate of Chemical Sciences
Natalia Ivanivna Melnyk – Associate Professor of the Department, Candidate of Chemical Sciences
Klavdia Vasylivna Mudrak – Associate Professor of the Department, Candidate of Chemical Sciences
Natalia Oleksandrivna Berezina – Associate Professor of the Department, Candidate of Chemical Sciences
Alla Ivanivna Vasylchenko – Assistant Lecturer
This graduation department prepares the experts at specialization “Technologies of road constructions, products and materials”, at specialization 192 “Construction and Civil Engineering” and at specialization “Technologies of Environmental Protection at Automatic Filling Complexes and Enterprises of Construction Industry, at specialization 183 “Technologies of Environmental Protection” of Transport Construction Department.
Scientific and methodical works of the Department Lecturers:
- Mustiatsa O. General Chemistry. Textbook for students of engineering-technical specialities of higher education establishment. / O. N. Mustiatsa, V. M. Yankovuch – K.: Aristei, 2013. – p. 480.
- Mustiatsa O.N. Tasks for course “Chemistry”and examples for solution for self-w. stud. 6.010101 “Construction” / O. N. Mustiatsa, K.: NTU, 2013. – p. 204.
- Geology with the bases of geomorphology and engineering geology: textbook. V.V. Mozgovyi, O.V. Shabatura, A.M, Onyshchenko, M.P. Kuzminets, I.O. Oproshchenko. – K.: Lesia, 2013, – p.231.
- Material engineering in road construction: textbook./ V.V. Mozgovyi, V. Smolyanets, Y.M. Doroshenko, A.M. Onyshchenko, M.P. Kuzminets. V.V. Zaichenko. – K.: Lesia, 2014, – p.415.
- Engineering geology: calculations and rock probation: / V.V. Mozgovyi, O.V. Shabatura, A.M, Onyshchenko (et. al.) – – K.: Lesia, 2014, – p.415.
The key research areas of the department are the following:
- testing, quality control, certification of materials, products and structures;
- testing of road, bridge surfacing and airfield pavement;
- development of methods for calculating road pavement strength and durability;
- development of regulatory technical documents for road construction;
- development and implementation of effective road construction materials (RCM), resources preservation, quality improvement in materials and techniques;
- methods for determining the thermo-mechanical and thermo-rheological properties of road construction materials development and improvement;
- efficient methods of specially controlled construction material properties development;
- scientific support for introduction of new technologies and materials to the design, construction and maintenance of transport structures.
Academic staff of the Department of Road Construction Materials and Chemistry proposes scientific support services according to these directions:
- Bitumens, modified with various polymer types. Reception of bonding bitumens with advanced qualities and maintenance time prolongation of road materials at bitum basis by a factor of 1.5-3.
- Asphalt concrete on bitumen basis, modified with polymers. Road surface durability promotion and interrepairing terms prolongation.
- Gravel-paste asphalt concrete on bitumen basis, modified with polymers. Provides the opportunity to construct the upper layer of road surface with advanced non-skin properties, crack resistance, water- and frost-resistance.
- Layers can be installed both on rigid and non-rigid pavement. Construction technology has been simplified.
- Cast asphalt concrete on bitumen basis, modified with polymers. Increases hydroisolative capability and durability of road pavement.
- Cements on bitumen basis, modified with polymers for filling into compensation joints and cracks. Recover the integrity and proofness of the pavement. Well-timed application prolongs pavement maintenance term by a factor of 2.
- Bitumen emulsions. The development and adjustment at the production of composition, batching regimes and the application of bitumen emulsions, as well as materials, technologies and layers on emulsion basis (patch work, surface machining, offset layers).
- Repeated usage of “old” asphalt concrete. Rational resource usage, energy efficiency, ecology safety promotion.
- Development of cement concrete compositions. Foresees roadworks with the opening of organomineral concrete pavement materials by means of special machine, mixturing process with cement paste or concrete-sand mixture, further road hydration and roller screeding. Asphalt-cement layers have increased durability and shear resistance.
- Development of modern hydroisolate materials in the form of polimer-bitumen hydroisolation rolls for roadways at bridges, over-bridges and other transport constructions.
- The technical state evaluation of road surface with determination of required workload during repairs or reconstructions.
- Development of original methodic and testing facilities for road construction materials with the aim of determining:
- Temperature crack resistance of asphalt concrete;
- Rut resistance;
- Durability and exhaustion;
- Thermodylatometric characteristics;
- Thermomechanic and thermorheologic charasteristics (elasticity modulus, creep function, Puasson coefficient, relaxation function, function of temperature time analogy etc.)
- Development of resource-efficient technology of concrete and reinforced concrete products production at the basis of high-effective chemicals appliance. Allows to save 10-20% of cement, to shorten energy consumption up to 20%, to increase physic-mechanical properties of cement concrete.
- Development of cement-concrete road and airdrome remodeling technology. Permits to increase repair quality, to improve concrete durability, to shorten repair time.
- Investigation, control and analysis of saline waste and its appliance in road construction in terms of deicing agent.
- Development of soil-cement mixtures storage with low cement content on the basis of chemical and metallurgy waste.
- Production of construction materials from low-cement or no-cement materials, based on industrial waste by means of hot and cold pressing. Allows to improve physic-mechanical properties of road materials.
- Execution of road materials quality expertise and official determination. Determination of materials’ correspondence to DSTU requirements, technical conditions and other standards.
The preparation of academic staff. There are 5 Postgraduate Students at the Department of Road Construction Materials and Chemistry.
Address: room 109, 42, Kikvidze Str., Kyiv 01103, Ukraine.
Phone: +38 (044) 285-95-28