Igor Pavlovych Gamelyak – the Head of the Department, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, the author of more than 300 scientific papers, Ukrainian Transport Academy member, member of the Scientific Council of Ukravtodor on the issues of fulfillment of scientific and research activities, member of the Scientific and Technical Council of Derzhshliakh Research Institute in research papers examination: member of the Ministry of Education and Science research board unit in “Construction, Design, Architectural Technologies” specialization.
The department was founded in June 2002. Its first head was Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor M.M. Dmitriev.
The Department of Airports became the first National Transport University unit, the main task of which was the preparation and graduation of qualified specialists in the design field, as well as in the construction, reconstruction and operation of airfields and Ukrainian civil aviation airports.
There are nine full-time lecturers, including four professors and two associate professors at the department.
Igor Pavlovych Gamelyak – Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Academician of the Transport Academy of Ukraine.
Mykola Mykolayovych Dmitriev – Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, State Prize laureate of Ukraine in the science and technology field, Honored Worker of National Education of Ukraine, Academician of the Transport Academy of Ukraine, awarded the Order of Merit, III Degree.
Oleg Lvovych Petrashevskyi – Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Academician of the Transport Academy of Ukraine, Academician of the Transport Academy in Russia, Academician of the International Information Academy.
Inessa Anatoliivna Rutkovska – Candidate of Technical Sciences, Professor, Academician of the Transport Academy of Ukraine, “Excellence in Education of Ukraine” award, a chief of NTU doctorate and postgraduate studies.
Ivan Ivanovych Popelysh – Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor.
Igor Mykolayovych Vakarchuk – Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor.
Alla Volodymyrivna Gerasymenko – Senior Lecturer at the department, Corresponding Member of the Transport Academy of Ukraine.
Olexander Valeriyovych Alekseenko – Senior Lecturer at the department.
Svitlana Vasylivna Kaskiv – Assistant Lecturer at the Department, Scientific Secretary of the Department.
Sergiy Oleksandrovych Koritchuk – Assistant Lecturer at the Department, the Head of the Laboratory.
Lyudmyla Volodymyrivna Parasyuk – Assistant Lecturer at the Department.
The department provides the bachelors’ training in 192 “Construction and Civil Engineering” specialty on the educational program “Airports, airfield constructions and structures” and masters’ training in 192 “Construction and civil engineering” specialty on the educational and professional program “Airports, airfield constructions and structures” as well as bachelors’ study in 124 “System Analysis” specialty on the educational program “System Analysis in Transport Infrastructure”.
The Subject of the Graduation Project design:
The subject of the Graduation paper design covers the issues of technology and organization of works on the construction, reconstruction and operation of artificial airfield runways. The part of the diploma projects is carried out in the form of graduation papers, in which the student uses the results of scientific studies during the period of study at the university.
The results of scientific researches, educational and methodological developments performed at the department are the basis of master’s research papers and are published in scientific journals.
The Main Research Areas at the Department of Airports:
- Providing reliability and durability of airfield structures and facilities;
- Thermal emission evaluation of carrying capacity of natural and manufactured bases of road and airfield pavements;
- Theoretical basis application in nondestructive testing of elastoviscous systems for advanced methods development to conserve technical resources;
- The theoretical basis of energy-efficient technologies in road transport enterprises;
- Development of principles and theoretical concepts of energy-efficient road transport rolling stock.
Scientific and Methodical Works of the Department Lecturers:
- Aeronautical Building Materials Science: educational manual / М.М. Dmitriev, I.P. Gamelyak, A.M. Dmitrichenko, L.M. Carafisi – K.: NTU, 2016. – 260 p.
- Passenger Transportation: Training and Practical Work: teaching manual / ed. by V.S. Marunich , V.S. Kharuta, I.M. Vakarchuk – K.: NTU, 2018. Part 1 – 188 p.
- Passenger Transportation Organization and Management: a textbook / ed. V.S. Marunich, L.G. Shmorgun, І.М. Vakarchuk – K.: Millennium, 2017. – 500 p.
- Innovation and Technology Transfer: educational manual / M.F. Dmytrychenko, M.M. Dmitriev, S.O. Koritchuk, D.I. Dyatchyk, T.V. Pokshevnitska – K.: NTU, 2016. – 100 p.
- Technology Transfer as an Innovative Component of the Science Development: educational manual / M.F. Dmytrychenko, M.M. Dmitriev [and others]. – K.: NTU, 2015. – 140 p.
- Technology Transfer as a Means of Innovative Development of the Road Transport System of Ukraine: monograph / M.F. Dmytrychenko, M.M. Dmitriev [and others]. – K .: NTU, 2015. – 104 p.
- Foreign transport geography: educational manual / Comp.: O.L. Petrashevsky, N.N. Moroz, I.I.Popelysh, N.N.Tsymbal, Yu.O. Boyko, O.V.Alekseenko, S.O. Korytchuk – K .: NTU, 2015. – 96 p.
- Foreign Transport Geography: educational manual / O.L.Petrashevsky, N.N.Moroz, I.I. Popelysh, N.N.Tsymbal, Yu.A. Boyko, A.V. Alekseyenko, S.O. Korytchuk – K .: NTU, 2015. – 88 p.
- Legal Basics of Professional Activity: educational manual / compiled by N.V. Shcherbatyuk, N.M. Tsymbal, S.O. Korytchuk, O.V. Denisyuk – K.: NTU, 2015. – 108 p.
- Aviation Security: educational manual / compiled by M.F. Dmytrychenko, M.M. Dmitriev, O.L. Petrashevskyi, I.I. Popelysh, S.O. Korytchuk – K.: NTU, 2013. – 104 p.
The Academic Staff Training. There are four postgraduate students in the post-graduate course at the department.
Address: office 344,
1 Mykhaila Omelianovycha-Pavlenka Str.,
Kyiv 01010, Ukraine
Telephone: (044) 280-70-73